- Final Game -
- By Steven P.
February 13, 1999
- Thank you for visiting my site, which is dedicated to the final
Hockey Shrine in the NHL, Maple Leaf Gardens. As always, this site is under construction,
and there is more to come! The day after the game, I spent the majority of my day
audio-capturing, and editing, instead of doing homework, to make some audio available for
you. This audio is from of the CBC Television Broadcast of the night before, and is
Copyright CBC Television Ltd. The audio compilation featured below was made by me, Steven
P. All of the files below require an MP3 player. If you do not have an MP3 player:
- Please visit this site again, as it is updated infrequently. If
you'd like to request an audio clip from the game, or have any comments/suggestions,
e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Info about me:
- Name: Steven P.
- Age: 16 years old, Birthdate: October 19, 1982
- Location and Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Thank you, Maple Leaf Gardens, for all the years that you carried
the Leaf games, huge events, and all of our Memories and Dreams.
- Video Clips - From NHL.com
The ceremonial faceoff at the last game at Maple Leaf Gardens. Former
Blackhawk, Harold "Mush" March, who scored the first goal at the Gardens, and
Former Leaf, George "Red" Horner
Steve Thomas puts Toronto on the boards with this second period goal
A fond farewell to Maple Leaf
Gardens by Paul Morris, the voice of the Gardens
- Audio MP3s
- ("The Place'll be rockin', 'cause it's Saturday
Night!" - MLG Edition - 1.29 megs)
- (Newest version of the theme to CBC's Hockey Night in
Canada - 521kb)
- (Held live from Maple Leaf Gardens; sorry 'bout the
ad in it - 395kb)
- (This is the song that CBC aired to videoclips before and
after the game - 2.44 megs)
- (The above song with many memorable sound clips played
throughout the game - 4.01 megs)
Goodbye, old friend, goodbye...